Available as an upgrade for owners of the Digital Cinema Training Course, the new Actor's Training Guide will strive
to grow a work-and-prep ethic in you, help you learn your craft, illustrate how to find and interview an acting coach,
and build a reputation that will serve you for years. Taught by Stephen Heu, who's led an acting and teaching career for over 40 years.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Subjects covered in the Lesson segment
- Grow a work-and-prep ethic and learn your craft.
- Explore the process of film acting, with your Acting Instructor and Coach, Stephen Heu.
- Prepare, rehearse and perform a scene from Mr. Heu's unpublished script titled "THE CAMERA".
- Find & interview an acting coach, and build a reputation that will serve you for years.
- Stephen will help you understand how to prepare the "wholeness" of a role prior to filming.
- When you have worked and discovered and explored your character, you'll be prepared for whatever scene, whatever contingency as best as you can be.
- If you know how to prepare your character in such a way that you make it easy for the director, the DP and all the other actors, you'll inspire everyone.
The Audition; the Sides; the Look; the Script; the Process; exploring the Character; finding Identity; Believability and the Organic Performance; the Struggle; Impressions and the Seasons; Subtext, content underneath the spoken dialog; Empathy, Living the moment; Inspiring other actors; Slowing down; Exercises; How to not abandon the character; Working on lessons; Honing our craft; The actor's goals and the audience's goals; Loaning emotions to a character; Catharsis; Dealing with separation anxiety; Stage and Film acting differences.
Subjects covered in the Performance segment
Holding the last look; Slowing down, taking a beat; Matching other actors' level; Retrieve then speak; Controlling the words; Proper breathing; Right to speak; To edit, criticize, or judge an actor; Stretching the emotion; Muscle for Continuing; Looking at an actor as part of the whole script, as part of your own emotional process; Involving the character; Intuition; Learning the process of rehearsal and abandoning the script; Find where your gifts are and utilize them to the fullest; Sharpening your tools; Understanding the process and the script, internalizing the information and LIVING the characters; using blocking to convey emotion.
COMBO PACK INCLUDES:
1080p HD Blu-ray Disc and 480p SD DVD disc
BONUS: Fully searchable handbook as a downloadable document.
BONUS: Audio interviews on DVD-ROM section of both discs.
BONUS: Handbook, Study Guide, Transcript, and Script (as pdf files)